Sunday, February 6, 2011

I know better

Do any of you use Fetlife?

I joined a few years ago myself, in the hopes of meeting people who do not exist solely on the internet. Not that I haven't had great success and fulfillment from many different types of online relationships. When I joined Fetlife I was looking for something more physical than what I'd experienced in the past.

And amazingly I was able to forge several new relationships in the land of the living through Fetlife. My hometown is very active as far as my interests go, and it was such a pleasure getting to know people my own age with similar interests - going out to drinks and having parties and generally enjoying ourselves.

I wonder though...

I received a new message in my inbox, it's from someone I don't know - this happens occasionally, and so I forged ahead to see what could possibly lay in wait for me, only to find:

wanna fuck

This is not the first message I've gotten like this, and I sincerely doubt it will be the last. The online culture of BDSM has created something of a standard for some men to browse through the demographics until they find a young woman who would be interested in spending a little quality time with them. I noticed a lot of this mindset even back when I still frequented MSN chatrooms. I find it very interesting the idea that some men (and I suppose there must be some women who fall into this as well) believe all women who are interested in this specific lifestyle would be so easily wooed by such witty turns of phrase.

I really should know better than to respond, but some days I'm just feeling a little snippy.

k: That's the best you can come up with? Really?

Mystery Man: not at all, actually when I was typing it something said to me dont.....and I am glad the way ur response was , quite appropriate . So lets start again, wz ur deal, are you new or experienced and wt kind of role play or fantasies you are here to fulfill .

I ask you, in all honesty, how could I not be taken in by such a message? It really is beyond comprehension. The conversation quickly dissolved to the point where I was informed I would need to be punished for my lack of subtlety and subsequently informed that expecting complete sentences and words to be spelled out simply was too much to ask for.

I will admit I get a certain amount of pleasure when I can carry on a conversation with people like this to the point where they finally give up. It's always interesting to me just how long some people are willing to play these things out with the hopes of that eventual fuck.

It was just not to be this time.

No comments: