Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Let go of my hand

I don't consider myself a very independent person. I never have really - though I suppose looking back on it I've almost always been independent, forced to be in many situations.

I suppose I just like not having to be independent all the time. I like having someone around that I can depend on. It's nice, not to have to constantly be in control, when in so many areas in my life that is what I have to do.

Now to find myself without that hand to hold and gentle guidance, it feels like I am lost at sea. It's not a pleasant feeling to be tossed about by the waves daily, never sure what the morning will bring. And yet that is what I am faced with daily.

Today I had a minor crisis, and the first person who jumped into my mind to ask for help was Irch. I even started writing him before I stopped myself.

I am just not in a place right now where I can talk to him, the hurt is still too near. But where does that leave me, then?

I was, of course, able to find others to help, but it felt like second best - the one person who has been there helping me and guiding me for years, wasn't an option this time. I feel equally lost when it comes to the big changes that my life is fixing to go through.

How am I supposed to deal with all this without him?

And yet, I know I'll survive, and I'll do the things I want to do - on my own. It's just going to be hard.

3 comments:

Kijira Purrs said...

Im so sorry K, I have been silently watching your blogs for a long time...my heart breaks for you...

you can do this...

David said...

You are still a young girl k, and in time this pain in your heart will pass. Eventually you will have fondness and affection for the loving care you received from Irch as he led you into your submission.

We all feel for you right now and are holding you in our hearts.

Be well k,

David

Anonymous said...

dear k,
i have read the other blog for awhile, but lately things have been crazy busy here so im just now catching up on the blogs i read so i just found out about you and Irch.( i have added this link to my daily reads) im soo sorry sweetie- im sorry for the your loss and im sorry for your pain. i will keep you in my thoughts hoping things gets easier and less painful every day and im sending you lots of warm hugs..
hugs,
Hisflower