Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dating?

Can I tell you all about my phobia of meeting new people? I hate it, I dread it, I am loathed to do it. I hate meeting new people - if I could just live in a world with people I already know for the rest of my life, well I'd be one happy camper.

Of course that doesn't fit with my plan to, move to a strange city, and go to graduate school, and maybe perhaps one sunny day in the future - teach college students. But trust me, if there was a way that I could do all of this without meeting anyone new, I would jump at it in a heart-beat.

This whole, meeting new people thing, I've been trying recently... It's slow goings.

I've loved the getting to know someone through emails phase, I've even gotten over my phone phobia to talk to people on the phone, but to actually meet up in person, for a drink, a dinner, a movie, a coffee - I'm going in the opposite direction when it comes to that.

Of course it doesn't help that I avoid doing things where I don't get those comfort phases of email and phone time to get to know a person - So things in trying-new-things-land are interesting to say the least.

Things are still progressing though, despite my inability to be a grown-up about some things. And we shall just have to wait and see how they develop in the future.

1 comment:

EeeFah said...

I understand completely. It's natural, not childish to feel this way. I like to think of it as another story to tell (good or bad) and it takes some of the pressure off the 'meet'.