Monday, November 3, 2008

The way of things

So as you all know I've been working on getting involved in the local kink community over the past few months. And from my point of view it's been going pretty durn well.

This past week at our little weekly get together there were two new people who stopped by, both very new to the local scene too. For me it's a bit strange to hear about people who are brand new to the scene stuff and in that first week they'll go to 3 different parties and play with all sorts of people and try all these new things.

I can't imagine doing that, I mean I have a hard enough time branching out from the things I already do. I'm still working my way up to parties - I'd liked to go at least once to see what they're like.

I think my big problem with all of this is having no one to go with. I wouldn't be so deathly shy if I had someone there to hold my hand while trying all these new things. But I've been taking my time to make friends so I'll have someone there I can hide behind if I suddenly discover that this big ol' world of kink is just too scary for me.

It's just interesting to see the different routes people take through all of this.

1 comment:

TomTame said...

I haven't even made it to a munch yet, so you're already miles ahead of me, but I know what you mean about having a buddy by your side to venture into things with