Monday, May 5, 2008

The Good

I realize practically every post I've made here so far has been what I like to call, emo. Which I suppose is understandable given the situation in which I currently find myself.

But at the same time several of these posts have been about starting over, and moving on and forward with my life as it is now. Which is a little hard to do when you're always focused on the bad like I have been doing recently.

I just want to take a minute - mostly to remind myself, that there are so many good things right now, even if something so large has to hurt so much.

Despite the less than ideal arrangement, I have been enjoying my time living at home again. It's nice to be around my family, whom I've only been able to see very sporadically over the last several years. It's nice to have their love and support - even their teasing - since I've been home.

And it's nice to have a constant reminder that I am loved.

I am really enjoying the luxury of not having to work at the moment. It is more than nice not to have to deal with the stress of a job at the moment - or feel rushed to get a job. It's good to be a slacker for a while.

I also have so many good friends, and they have all been so supportive of me, since things fell apart and before then and I know they will continue to be there for me in the years to come as even more changes come my way.

And I know I don't reply to each of your comments, like I probably should. But I do appreciate knowing that there are people out there who can understand and empathize with what I have been going through, and are encouraging me to move on like I want to.

I am thankful for all of these things, even in times when the hurt feels like too much - I know that I have all of these things there supporting me, and I am very grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad you have the love and support you need at home from your family and friends- you do have it here too...it is a very heartbreaking thing you are going through and my heart and thoughts do go out to you...even if i dont comment on every post, im keeping up with you and sending my warmest hugs and best wishes as you begin this new chapter in your life..
hugs sweetie,
Hisflower

David said...

Hello k, I can see how you label your previous posts as emo and given what you have been through it is not surprising. This current post is the first where you seem to be seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty. Best wishes to you in the weeks and months to come. Sometimes there is nothing like family around to remind us of the fundamental truths of our life.

Godspeed k,

David