Friday, August 15, 2008

Not because...

Things with him are still going.

Its strange to find someone who likes me for me. I didn't think I'd find someone who did that again. It's uncanny. To go for so long thinking no one would ever do that and then suddenly there's more than one.

I think as much as I try to resist things moving forward, they are.

And that's good. I want to move on, I want to be happy, and I want to be with someone who will let me be happy with them. And I think I've found someone that I can do all that with.

I'm just so scared of it all falling apart again. Being left broken and hollow again.

How do you move on from that? From that type of pain? How do you put yourself in a position for it to all happen again?

And despite all my worries about it, I can't seem to stop myself from getting closer to him.

2 comments:

David said...

How do you move on from that? From that type of pain? How do you put yourself in a position for it to all happen again?

You just do it k, it is scarey and worrisome, but life is moving forward, not looking back in fear. You pay your nickel and take your chance. If you have learned anything in the past few months, it is that you actually and truly can be hurt and recover, and find more opportunity.

With apologies to Grath Brooks,
"Yes my life is better left to chance,
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance."

And Lee Ann Womack,
"And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance."

David





David

oatmeal girl said...

or as i would put it: sometimes you just have to close your eyes, hold your nose, and jump.

but the hard part is the persistent worry about what you might eb leaving back on the shore...