Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sharpened Pencils

It's that time of year again. Back to school. Being at home has really brought it to the forefront with two younger siblings still working on their public education. They start back tomorrow.

It really puts into perspective for me the way time has gone by since I've moved home.

They were still in school back in May when I arrived, all my life packed into boxes. Now almost 4 months later, about 1/3 of my life has made it out of boxes and into the house, the rest is still packed away in the garage waiting for it's chance for freedom.

It's time to really start focusing on graduate school if that is what I am going to do next year. I am feeling better prepared this year than I have before, probably because I've done a lot of preparation over the last 3 years. I just need to do the actual applications and one or two other things and I'll be done.

I may not be ready to move on in some parts of my life, but this is something I've been waiting for since I graduated. This is something I wanted since I first took that literary theory class, this is something Irch wanted for me, this is something Irch has helped me strive for and this is something I know, he would be proud of me for.

And I can do this. I can get into that great school and do the things I've always wanted.

I am ready to move on toward this.

No comments: