Monday, August 11, 2008

Something new

I met someone.

I'm not sure how things are going to end up between us. But I've met someone. And I'm entertaining the idea of things becoming something more.

It's hard, because so much of me wants to cling to any tiny bit of hope that Irch might still want me some day. And I've told him this, several times. And told him I want to go slow, because I want to know that I'm not going to slight either of us by getting involved with him.

He's also very different from anyone I've been involved with before. So it's all new and strange.

It's been so long since I've been actively pursued by someone. Years really. And it's strange getting used to that.

So we'll see what happens. We're going slow.

2 comments:

EeeFah said...

I am in this boat too (new relationship). Very strange, but wonderful at the same time. I'm taking it Irch is not saying hold off?

oatmeal girl said...

Me, too... the possibility of something... more than just a possibility... it is very enticing, i feel as if i am being courted, and yet i can't help hoping, can't help wishing, that September will come and the philosopher will want me back. i hold off saying anything on my blog about this new man, this man who wants to own me and kiss me and hurt me and caress me, just in case the man who i thought at least owned and loved me is reading and will decide to walk off without saying a word.

in one way, it is too soon, and in another, it is long overdue.

good luck to us all. whatever that actually means...