Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The sun'll come out ...

Irch and I are working on being friends again - it's slow and cautious on both our parts I think. I know it is on my part at least. Though I've told him I can't just be some small-talk email friend, we have too much history for me to be able to live being reduced to that. But we're working on it.

This week I got an email from him and I'm not going to go into all of it, but it was one of those emails that makes me wish that we were friends again - real honest to god friends. The type of friends you can call up in the middle of the night, or talk to for no reason at all. I want to be the sort of friend he can come to when he's having a difficult time.

I'm not sure if it's the masochist in me, or if it's the part of me that's always been his friend that's making this urge so strong. But it's there never the less.

So Irch, if you are stopping by occasionally. I'm still that friend when you're ready for me to be, and I'm thinking about you right now - and things will be better soon.

1 comment:

oatmeal girl said...

oh sweetie, this does make me cry... if nothing else, we should be able to salvage friendship. work towards it... slowly, carefully, but do work towards it. your progress gives me hope.