Thursday, July 24, 2008

Old Habits

I have this habit of coming to check on the blog several times during my day. It's become all the more obvious since I've installed a little stat tracker thingie - which has also provided lots of enjoyment for me to see the different places people who stop by are from, (there's something grammatically fishy about that last sentence, but I can't put my finger on the right way to go about fixing it.).

But in anycase, I stop by a lot. I'd say at least 4 times a day. I know there's not going to be anything new - I'm not coming by looking for comments, I just sometimes expect the most recent post up to have changed at some point during the day. Magically, I guess.

I got into the habit of checking the old blog several times a day, because I was never sure when Irch would make a post and it was always a new surprise to stop by and find a new post. And now that it's just me writing, I can't seem to break myself of that habit.

It's one of many habits I can't break actually.

I am definitely a creature of habit, in a lot of things. I like what's comfortable and what's safe, and habits have a way of creating that comfort and safety level that I am constantly looking for. So when I occasionally get a stab because I've come looking for that new magic post and find the last one I wrote it throws my whole world out of whack.

But old habits are hard to break.

2 comments:

oatmeal girl said...

my stat checking is more than a habit. it's an addiction. i love to see who has been by, who is new, where they come from, and the curious search terms that brought them to me.

i also keep hoping to see that the philosopher came by. i'm sure you have the same thing with Irch.

i started to rewrite your troublesome sentence for you and then spanked my hand and stopped, since i can get a little compulsive about editing other people's stuff. another addiction...

hope you're feeling better now!

kirana said...

i just found you... and am reading through the archives. Your pain is undeniable and i hope that you're fairing better (haven't gotten to the start of the page yet). Anyhow, i was just going to fix the grammatical error you pointed out. LOL @ me. i really AM that much of a dork...

You said: It's become all the more obvious since I've installed a little stat tracker thingie - which has also provided lots of enjoyment for me to see the different places people who stop by are from, (there's something grammatically fishy about that last sentence, but I can't put my finger on the right way to go about fixing it.).

One possible solution: I've installed a little stat tracker thingie- which, to my own enjoyment, allows me to see the various places that the people who stop by are from.

i'm a geek; i know...

xoxx
Hang in there sweetie...

enjoyment for me to see the different places people who stop by are from,