Friday, July 4, 2008

Stepping Forward

Despite all the emo-ness of my last few posts I have been working on moving forward, I am not completely stuck clinging to the past, and something that probably will never happen. I am trying to do new things, and meet new people and just live my life instead of living in the past.

Last night was one of my first real experiences meeting someone new. There was that whole anxiety over meeting a new person, and stepping out and doing something completely out of character for me - but I think over all things went well.

It was just dinner and lots and lots of talking and a few other things, but we won't really get into that. It was interesting, and despite starting off the evening feeling really nervous as the night went on I was able to really relax and go with the flow more than I was feeling able earlier in the night.

It was interesting to step out of my comfort zone and do something new and exciting and different. To just go for something instead of sitting around wibbling about it instead of doing anything. So if nothing else I am feeling much better in the knowledge that I can do new things, I can meet new people, and I can step out of my comfort zone and live to tell about it.

1 comment:

oatmeal girl said...

i find this post very encouraging, as i too know that i can't dwell in the house of the past forever. of course, i'm giving things until September 1st before really declaring it's over, but i'm trying to start the healing process.

a question, though - which is a question for me, too - having tasted a D/s relationship and found it immensely fulfilling on a psychological level, i at least worry about embarking on another relationship (should that even be possible) that doesn't include that dynamic. when you explore the idea of meeting new people, do you have that in mind?