Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Baby Steps

Well I was brave tonight.

I met new people.

I was invited to a little get together here in town by someone I'd met on fetlife. And despite my usual hemming and hawing and general anxiety about meeting new people I went. I very nearly ran away though after I got there, but I was spotted so I decided to screw up the little bit of courage I have and follow him down to meet the others.

And despite all my worry, as usual, it wasn't nearly as terrible or awful as I had expected. It was just a bunch of mostly normal people talking. And yes they were talking about kink related things off and on, they were just talking.

It was kind of neat to meet a group of kinky people in person, I've only ever been one-on-one with any one into kink before. So that was neat, and it was especially nice since it was a small group, and I didn't feel terribly overwhelmed.

So I'm taking steps. Very small ones, yes, but steps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hear you... i'm terrified to meet new people, oh girl, I could tell you stories!

I am so glad you are trying to get out. I've read part of your story on the other blog and the new path on this one.