Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Another step forward

So I've gone to another get together with the folks I met last week.

And as you can see I've survived once again, I'm beginning to think I may survive every time I go. Guess I'll just have to keep going to find out for sure.

It's been fun going to these little get-togethers. I like spending time with real people, and yes it's still taking me time to get used to the idea of talking about kink out loud, I have a feeling spending time with people who do can only help with that.

It's nice to laugh, and to just spend time with people who are genuinely funny and fun to be with. And yes I don't do a lot of talking, mostly just laughing and nodding my head - which I'm sure is giving them all a wonderful opinion of me - it is still a step for me.


And there will be a job interview later this week, I think these changes are going to be helping out a lot in this big reconstruction of myself I've been working on recently. And who knows, maybe soon there will be some new ground to step out on to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats ont the second step... soon you will be on a marathon!!! :P
good luck on the job hunting, i'm doing exactly the same, I've got like four interviews between last week and this one... hope to get a job soon enough, otherwise, my savings will be all gone!!! lol

oatmeal girl said...

good for you, sweetie. it's hard to stop looking back and instead look around ourselves and then cautiously move forward but it's the wise and healthy thing to do - and a way to say to ourselves that we are worth something.