Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Your kink is ok, but not you

It's an interesting thing - being snubbed.

We in this sort of lifestyle, so many of us pride ourselves on being so accepting and tolerant of our different kinks. Apparently that tolerance doesn't extend to other people.

I think it's especially harsh in that it came in a place where I had started to feel safe, and where I was starting to feel like I could open up and be myself and not have to really worry about what the other people there were going to think.

But to suddenly have this new person show up - who of course isn't really new, just new to me - and to not even bother returning my greeting, and making a point to move away from me when I'd sat near, and then ignoring me the whole night. Well it's just sort of one of those things that makes me want to not go back.

I'm sure I will go back, simply because while this new person obviously doesn't care for me, I haven't felt any sort of passive aggressive hostilities from any of the other members of the group, but then again maybe I'm just that oblivious.

It was just frustrating. And despite all the rejections I've had over the years, being snubbed like that never feels good, even when it's by a complete stranger.

No comments: