Friday, September 5, 2008

Unless you're Jack

So I've been going to these weekly meetings, though meetings really seems to formal a word for them. It's just a group of like-minded folks getting together to laugh, joke, and talk every week. It's been exciting and fun and so different to join these people for the last 2 weeks. And I've talked about that some in my recently posts.

I'm on a bit of a journey of self-discovery these days. I have slowly been doing my best to learn more about myself - about the things I like and perhaps don't like.

Despite the relationships I've had in the past, I feel like I don't have much real experience when it comes to the realm of bdsm. Or more to the point all my experience thus far has been by and large contained in the realm of the sensual. I've yet to really break into the physical, the world of torment and and play, those are relatively uncharted waters for me.

I met a man this summer, one of my many attempts at being brave during this slow period of self-discovery and taking new steps. We had what was probably one of the most frank conversations I've ever had about my sexuality, my experiences, my views on bdsm, and the things I might want to try in the future. But he made it glaringly obvious that compared to most I am completely inexperienced in most areas of this so called lifestyle.

In this weekly group, they've made mention of a rule by which they all generally like to abide.

My kink is ok, and your kink is ok.

Seems pretty obvious at first glance, I like to think one part of this little lifestyle in which we all like to live, is that we're pretty tolerant of one another. Though of course there are plenty of exceptions to the rule. But the more I've thought about it the more I realize that I haven't really been living like that.

I'm more of a your kink is ok, my kink is not good enough type of person. Though that's something I've been working on. Accepting myself and the things I like, of course that's what this whole process of self-discovery and awareness is all about.

I'm on the path toward really believing that my kink is ok, the things I want and dream about they're ok and they don't make me some weird little girl for desiring them. I may be weird in other ways, but at least when it comes to my kinks I'm ok.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Purple shirted bit of pretty that liked my hair?

Trying to be sure i know who you are before i add you.

EeeFah said...

I enjoy your blog, I don't stop here often, real life interferes, but I love it when I can.

aoefe