Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kinkier?

So I was talking with an ex last night, I've been calling him regularly to talk about these Tuesday get-togethers I've been going to. Since he's about the only person I can actually talk to about all these things I've been getting into recently.

He made mention of the fact that the people who I've been hanging out with are so much more kinky than I am. It's been something I've been thinking about today, and I'm not sure I agree.

And sure they certainly have more kinky experience than I do, but does one need experience to be kinky?

I just haven't been given the opportunity to try out all the sordid things my dirty little mind comes up with yet. But I am working on it. And that's what part of all this new self-discovery and bravely meeting new people is all about. I am working on finding a way to try out some of the things that, up to now, have only ever been a part of my fantasies.

In all my relationships thus far, they've mostly stayed well within the range of sensual Dominance and submission with a spanking thrown in every now and then. And I've been wildly happy with that, and I think I still could be completely happy with that - but I am on my own for the first time in over six years. This is my chance to step out of my comfort zone, to try new things, to try the things I've thought about for years.

I want to see if the things that make my toes curl and my breath speed up just thinking about them have that same effect when actually experienced. I want to try those things for myself while I have the opportunity.

And this is the time.

2 comments:

oatmeal girl said...

one of the most amazing things about the situation I'm in now - discovering that yes. the fantasies realized are at least as stunning and arousing and mind-altering as when they lived only in my head. you never know ahead of time, of course, and clearly it's not just the activities but who is guiding you through them. But oh my goodness...

TomTame said...

I'm kind of in the same boat, having just left a relationship of 8 years that was mostly vanilla. I don't know why it takes so much damn courage to explore these types of things, but good for you!