Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fingers crossed.

It's been raining a lot these past few days. Pouring actually. We haven't had this much rain in ages. It's been that nice sort of rain, warm and without thunder. Of course it leaves me wanting to lounge around and be lazy all day. It looks like it will be a few days still before all this rain clears up.

Though the sun was out this morning. Just enough to warm my skin as I ran a few errands around town, and remind me that an end will come to all this rain.

I've never been a huge fan of rain - I do like the warm spring showers, especially when the sun is still out. It's those big storms, the ones with thunder that shake the whole house that bother me. I find myself more often than not doing my darnedest to keep myself occupied with anything that will keep my mind off the rain and the thunder and lightening.

Luckily we haven't had any of that sort of rain recently. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay that way.

It seems the power of fingers crossed is doing pretty great things these days. I got my results back from the biopsy this morning. And things came back negative.

I was doing my best to keep thinking that of course things were going to come back negative. I'm still just a kid, all things considered, and there was no way I could have cancer. But still there was that worry in the back of my mind, that maybe I really could.

But I can put all that behind me now - things are fine. I am fine. And as I thought there was no way I could have cancer.

1 comment:

TomTame said...

Stick your toes into the wet grass. :P