Sunday, October 12, 2008

Upcoming

So earlier this summer, back when I had that fun little trip to the ER which turned into a full blown hospital stay with surgery, they did a CT scan while I was in the emergency room. Just to check and see what the problem I was having was. During the course of that scan they noticed something.

They thought they saw some nodules on my thyroid and suggested I see an endocrinologist when I was feeling better. I got around to seeing the endocrinologist and they had me get all sorts of blood work done and an ultrasound so they could get a better idea of what we were dealing with.

This past week I had a follow-up appointment with the endocrinologist, to let me know what they had found in my lab work. It turns out I have two nodules on my thyroid of a worrying size. And so they want to me to have a biopsy.

Turns out nodules on your thyroid over 2cm in size have a slight chance of being malignant. And so that same day my doctor scheduled a biopsy for me. Just so we could make sure that the nodules weren't cancerous.

So tomorrow morning, I'll be headed up to the hospital. And then I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the nodules turn out to be benign. Otherwise we'll get to schedule yet another surgery and I can tell you right now I am not a fan of surgery.

So keep your fingers crossed with me.

2 comments:

David said...

You will be in our thoughts and prayers, with fingers crossed for you as well.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything is ok hon.

xxxx